Friday, July 18, 2008

July 17, 2008 - Day 6 Recovery - GOING HOME!!

Miraculous!!

Friends - praise God, I'm home! Short recap:

Monday July 7 - emergency room visit
Tuesday July 8 - admitted to hospital
Friday July 11 - BRAIN surgery to remove tumor from pituitary gland
Wed July 16 - shocked surgeon confirms healing with MRI
Thursday July 17 - HOME!!

Miraculous!!

I am a blessed man. Does blessed get to be a trite word? Not today, not for me... I am blessed.

Recovery is going to be SLOW... Fatigue is incredible... Strength is gone... 4-year olds are loud... Support is incredible... sleep is unfamiliar... God is SO GOOD!!

I know the grace and nearness of God like I never have and am thankful for this "lying down" time. My personal prayer/desperation is to NOT lose this sensitivity and awareness to the Father's presence. 

You know that verse you've heard thousands of times... from somebody else... the one that talks about a peace that passes all understanding... it's in Phillipians 4:6-7... check it out... 

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. MSG

Now that's REAL!! I can't explain it, but I know it, now, and I'm forever grateful for my experience because I know it... now.

Thanks for your continued prayers as we transition into a new season of life. You have all been SO supportive and the Garrett's will forever be grateful to you. 

Peace...

BG

No comments: